keskiviikko 6. kesäkuuta 2012

30 smashed



Last Sunday I made an couple of hours trip to one small river that is normally full of Gudgeon mixed with some small Chub too. But this time I really struggled with both of them. I started with a bit bigger bait and focused to catch some Chub but didn’t have even one bite.

About an hour later I changed tactics. It was time for Gudgeon yet. I put on a small piece of worm and started to drift my bait in the bottom with the current. And what happened. Of course I caught a small Chub on the very first try and soon after that I caught another one. But still no Gudgeon. I had some bites still which were 100% Gudgeons so I knew they are there.
Chub (Leuciscus cephalus).

Old trick, chancing worm to a maggot made the trick and I finally managed to catch two tiny Gudgeons too.
The monster Gudgeon.
These were my species numbers 30 and 31. So forty, here I come.

1 kommentti:

  1. well done Jani. I am still without Chub and Gudgeon. But maybe some day, who knows.

    VastaaPoista